MX3D is looking for a Hands-on Welding or WAAM Engineer with an International Welding Certificate (IWE/IWT) to complete our team responsible for realizing 3D metal prints using welding robots. Your job is to identify, discuss and apply the right parameters sets and standards for 3d printed parts.
The current job is most suitable for junior profiles with 2 to 5 years of professional experience.
MX3D is an ambitious scale-up that revolutionized robotic 3D metal printing.
We brought Robotic Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing (WAAM) and its market to life and made 3D metal printing more flexible, faster, and certified. MX3D became the innovation leader in 3D metal printing by presenting its jaw-dropping 12 meters long fully functional 3D printed stainless steel pedestrian bridge.
We are a young, dynamic Amsterdam-based scale-up with a lot of room to grow. We do our utmost to form a nice international team, and a good atmosphere is paramount to us. Our company is expanding rapidly and therefore offers the possibility to grow quickly.
What you are going to do:
● Define welding or deposit parameter sets for printing based on customer requirements and relevant standards
● Toolpath generation with our MetalXL software
● Monitoring the manufacturing progress of qualified partsCreate reports and documentation of printed parts
● Discuss material and mechanical tests with specialized agencies and customers
● Be a source of information for our development team by providing knowledge about the welding process and the science behind it
● Assist with challenging project execution and management
What you offer:
● Hands-on approach and spirit
● Relevant degree in mechanical engineering
● Handson experience with welding or a master with a welding specialism
● International Welding Certificate (IWE/IWT)
● Keen interest in standardization and certification procedures (ISO / ASME)
● Pragmatic and customer-centric
● Some professional experiences showing the above
Nice to have:
● Experience with CAD / Rhinoceros / Grasshopper or equivalent
● Comfortable with computer-aided manufacturing (CAM)
● Robotic experience
● Project management skills
● Available from 1st of December 2023
What we offer:
● Good base salary
● Cutting edge technology and projects
● Varied and challenging tasks
● Full-time (40 hours per week)
● A young international team with a ‘can do’ mentality
● Agile organization, all teamwork
● Friday afternoon drink & company outings
● Amsterdam Based, International Outlook
● Main language: English
Interested in the position, please send your cover letter and CV to jobs@MX3D.com, with in the subject line Welding – WAAM engineer at MX3D + “your name”. Please add professional references. First selection starts after two weeks. The vacancy is open for a maximum of 4 weeks.–
Do you have a more senior profile? You are not available now but perhaps in 6 months? Please apply: we are expanding and would love to talk to you already to discuss a collaboration.
Apply yourself! Don’t use an agency. Acquisition by intermediates in response to this vacancy are not wanted and will not receive any response by MX3D.