Last updated: August 16, 2022
We are committed to protecting the privacy of the Personal Data collected and processed by MX3D. We process only such Personal Data as is necessary for the use of Our Website and the provision of Our Services.
This Privacy Statement describes Our policies and procedures on the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data when You use the Website and Services and tells You about your privacy rights and how the law protects You.
By using the Website and Our Services, You agree to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Interpretation and definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized, have meanings defined under the following conditions.The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement:
- You means the individual accessing or using the Services and/ or Our Website, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Services and/ Our Website, as applicable.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “MX3D’, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Statement) refers to the company with limited liability under Dutch law MX3D B.V., with its offices at Dynamostraat 46, 1014 BK Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access Our Services or parts of Our Website.
- Website refers to the Website of MX3D: https://mx3d.com.
- Services refers to the Services MX3D offers with regard to 3D metal printing as amended from time to time and mentioned on the Website.
- Country refers to the Netherlands.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person, that supports Us in running Our business, for example to help Us maintain Our IT network and related infrastructure or to perform services related to the Services or to assist Us in analyzing how the Services are used.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a Website, containing the details of your browsing history on that Website among its many uses.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Collecting and Using your Personal Data
We collect Personal Data when providing Our Services and granting access to the Website, when You visit Our office or call Us. We need to collect Personal Data in order to provide the requested Services to You and/ or enable You to access Our Website. If You do not provide the information requested, We may not be able to provide the Services.
2.1 Types of Data
2.1.1 Personal Data
While using Our Website and/ or Services, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- (business) address and (business) email address;
- First name and last name;
- (business) telephone number;
- Usage Data;
- IP address;
- Login details client account;
- In case of use of the social sharing functionality: photo, list of social media contacts and any other information that may be accessible to us when using social media functionalities;
2.1.2 Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Website. Usage Data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Our Website that You visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Website by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever You visit Our Website or when You access the Website by or through a mobile device.
2.1.3 Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of Our Website.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with Services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow Us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
For more information about the cookies We use and your choices regarding cookies, please visit Our Cookies Statement.
For which purposes do We use Personal Data?
MX3D may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
3.1.1.a To communicate with You via Our Website:
- We collect your information when You contact Us via one of Our online contact forms, when You send Us questions, suggestions, requests, compliments or complaints. This processing is done for the performance of an Agreement that You have with Us or with your consent;
3.1.1.b For surveys/ marketing communication:
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which We offer that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about, or in order to request your feedback on Our Services, unless You have opted not to receive such information;
- To provide and maintain Our Website, including to monitor the usage of Our Website;
- Any processing of your Personal Data via cookies will take place in accordance with Our Cookie Statement;
3.1.2 Social Media:
- To facilitate social sharing functionality: Our Website may contain various social media sharing functionalities, such as Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo or LinkedIn buttons, which -with your consent- You may use to share information provided on Our Websites with the social media of your choosing. Our Websites may also contain links to Our own social media pages, such as Our MX3D Facebook or LinkedIn pages or Our Twitter feed, which You may choose to use to post feedback;
Please note that We are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Twitter, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any Personal Data You disclose to other organizations through or in connection with Our social media functionalities;
3.1.4 MX3D business purposes
3.1.4.a MX3D management reporting
- We process Personal Data for various MX3D business-related purposes for which We have a legitimate interest to process these data, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying Our Website and Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding Our business activities;
To facilitate your use of Our online services or applications, We may analyze data that We collect when using Our digital media and combine it with information collected via Cookies. For example, to better understand which digital channel (Google search, e-mail, social media) or device (desktop, tablet or mobile) You prefer, We can optimize or limit Our communication and marketing activities by channel and by device;
3.1.4.b Compliance with laws and legal obligations and protection of MX3D assets and interests
- To comply with a legal obligation or where We have a legitimate interest We will process your Personal Data as appropriate or necessary (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence and including sectorial recommendations (e.g. counterparty due diligence, money laundering, financing of terrorism and other crimes); (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce Our terms and conditions and other applicable policies; (e) to protect Our operations; (f) to protect Our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of yours or others; and (g) to allow Us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that We may sustain;
3.2 Client Data
3.2.1. Performance contract and Account management
- For the performance of an agreement: the development, compliance and undertaking of the agreement for the products or Services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us;
To handle day-to-day management and administration of the Client accounts, such as maintaining contracts, and keep You informed of all important developments concerning the Services and other information which is relevant for the Client contract and account. This processing is done based on Our legitimate interest (the performance of the agreement that We have with You or the client) or based on a legal obligation;
3.2.2 To communicate with You
- You can contact Us by various means (such as email or telephone, or via Our website). In this case We will use your Personal Data to answer your question/request. We can also contact You, for example, regarding day-to-day management and administration of your Client account. This processing is done based on Our legitimate interest (the performance of the agreement that We have with You or the client) or with your consent.
3.2.3 For surveys/ marketing communication
- We will process your Personal Data to send You surveys, for which We have legitimate interest to process these data. With your consent or where We have a legitimate interest We may and other communications, for example, to keep You updated on events, special offers, possibilities and current and future products and services of MX3D. We will send You such surveys in the form of either a periodic email or an email to request your feedback on Our Services and other services performed on the vehicle. If You would no longer like to receive surveys or marketing communication from Us, please contact Us via the contact details provided in this Statement.
3.2.4 MX3D Business purposes: compliance with laws and legal obligations and protection of MX3D assets and interests
- To comply with a legal obligation or where We have a legitimate interest We will process your Personal Data as appropriate or necessary (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence and including sectorial recommendations (e.g. counterparty due diligence, money laundering, financing of terrorism and other crimes); (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce Our terms and conditions and other applicable policies; (e) to protect Our operations; (f) to protect Our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of yours or others; and (g) to allow Us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that We may sustain.
Sharing Personal Data with third parties
We may share your Personal Data in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: In order to provide You with Our Services, We regularly work closely together with Service Providers. Service Providers are companies We retain that support Us in running Our business, for example to help Us maintain Our IT network and related infrastructure;
We may share your Personal Data with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of Our Website, to show advertisements to You to help support and maintain Our Website, to contact You, to advertise on third party websites to You after You visited Our Service or for payment processing;
- For Business transactions: We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Data to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
- We also use and disclose your Personal Data as necessary or appropriate, especially when We have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:to comply with applicable law and regulations. This can include laws outside your country of residence;
– to cooperate public and government authorities. To respond to a request or to provide information We believe is important. These can include authorities outside your country of residence;
– to cooperate with law enforcement. For example, when We respond to law enforcement requests and orders or provide information We believe is important;
– for other legal reasons: -To enforce Our terms and conditions; and -To protect Our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of Our affiliates, You or others.
When giving third parties access to your Personal Data, We will ensure your data is only being used in a way similar to or for a similar purpose as the purpose for which the Personal Data has been gathered, and only in accordance with this Privacy Statement and any legal obligation (e.g. an obligation of confidentiality and security measures).
Retention of your Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary or permitted in light of the purposes outlined in this Statement and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine Our retention periods include:
- The length of time We have an ongoing relationship with You and provide the Services to You;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which We are subject (for example, certain laws require Us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before We can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of Our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, resolve disputes or litigation or other measures to enforce Our legal agreements and policies).
Transfer of your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Your consent to this Privacy Statement followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
MX3D will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement and no transfer of your Personal Data will take place to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of your data and other Personal Data.
Security of your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to Us and We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Data within MX3D, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
If You have reason to believe that your interaction with Us is no longer secure (for example, if You feel that the security of any account You might have with Us has been compromised), please immediately notify Us of the problem by contacting Us in accordance with the contact details provided in this Statement.
Our Services are not directed at individuals under the age of 18.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to other websites that are not operated by Us. If You click on a third party link, You will be directed to that third party’s site. We strongly advise You to review the Privacy Statement of every site You visit.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may update Our Privacy Statement from time to time. Please take a look at the “Last Updated” legend at the top of this page to see when this Statement was last revised. Any changes to this Statement will become effective when We post the revised Statement. Your use of the Website and/ or Services following these changes means that You accept the revised Statement.
You are advised to review this Privacy Statement periodically for any changes. Changes to this Privacy Statement are effective when they are posted on this page.
MX3D has (volutarily) appointed a data protection officer (DPO). Our DPO oversees the implementation of the requirements of the GDPR within MX3D and acts as a contact point.
If You would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete your Personal Data processed by Us, object to the processing of Personal Data, or if You would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to You by applicable law), You may contact Us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make as clear as possible what Personal Data your request relates to. For your protection, We will only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address as You indicated in your email and We may request You to provide verification of your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event within any applicable legally required timeframes.
Please note that We may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that began prior to requesting such change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within Our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
If You have any questions or complaints about this Statement, please contact Us via email@example.com.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your emails to Us.
MX3D, Privacy Statement 2022