MX3D develops groundbreaking robotic additive manufacturing technology. We innovate by constantly creating new strategies and software solutions to print a large variety of metal alloys in virtually any size and shape; learning by doing is key. In close collaboration with our global industrial partners, our engineers and software experts make Robotic 3D Metal Printing available to industry.
We serve markets form Architecture and Heavy Duty Industry to Maritime and Offshore. It’s our mission to create intelligent, robust & easy to use robotic additive manufacturing software for industrial partners.
MX3D || WE.SPEAK.ROBOT
Robots will help shaping our future. Automated and autonomous production of unique computer generated parts and structures will become a standard production method in the next 10 years. By applying artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, robots will be able to perform their tasks better every time. In our vision, MX3D Robots will build lightweight constructions like bridges or complete buildings, optimized custom ships or even Mars colonies in full autonomy.
Standard Robot +
Standard Welding Machine +
MX3D’s proprietary software
Speed: 1-3 KG per hour per nozzle
Size: virtually unlimited
Materials: most weldable metal alloys like stainless steel, steel, aluminium, bronze, inconel and other high strength steels
Geometries: challenge us!
The MX3D product philosophy ensures that the 3D metal printing technique becomes available to a whole new range of industries. The aim is to build a robust machine that is suitable for onsite construction & heavy-duty industrial use outside of a controlled environment. Our software has the flexibility to be adapted to all brands of robots & welding machines; and furthermore, upscaling is made easy by the ability to use off-the-shelf hardware.
- Freedom of form: by using industrial robots with (at least) 6-axis of freedom we can print far more complex shapes than with traditional 3-axis gantry systems.
- Outside the Box: because we have this many axis of freedom, we can print parts that are bigger than the reach of the robot by simply moving the robot during the print. We call this Outside the Box printing.
- Material usage and waste reduction: The increased freedom of form results in the possibility of printing shapes that are optimized for weight and strength. This way a significant reduction in material use can be achieved.
- Cost reduction: The cost for a WAAM printing cell is around 1/5th of an SLM- powder-bed printer. Add to that the cost of the base material is around 10 times lower (€5,- per kg for stainless steel wire against €50,- for stainless steel powder for SLM) and it becomes clear that for large scale printed metal objects, WAAM will often be the technique of choice.
- Speed: with a very short CAD-to-print-time (less than an hour in most cases) and a deposit-rate of over 2 kilograms per hour our technique can highly increase production time and dramatically reduce lead time.
PRODUCTS / CLIENTS
Industry: Currently we serve several beachhead customers to introduce Robotic Additive Manufacturing in their workflow to reduce cost, weight and production time. MX3D supplies the fabrication knowhow and the client brings specific product and market expertise – email@example.com
Commissioned Projects: MX3D produces work in commission for Architects, Artists and Industry, for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
MX3D is currently fully owned by founders and staff.
For investment inquiries, contact: email@example.com